Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Where do I start?

OK, so my sweet sister Lindsay finally convinced me to start my own blog. I am really not sure where to begin...and well, having my sister's blog as a reference, I'm not sure how mine will measure up. But one thing I have learned in this crazy life with my sister, is that we are different, and that is OK. We do not have to compare ourselves with the other - God created us uniquely for His purposes, not to measure up to one another.


So here goes - my first posting....

There has been a lot going on in the Chavez house lately.
*I am pregnant!! 13 weeks as of today. My due date is March 11, 2008. Pretty exciting, and scary all at the same time. Looking forward to meeting this child of ours, seeing its beautiful face, tiny hands and feet, and seeing how God uniquely created this child in His image. I have ultrasound pictures from 11 weeks but don't have a scanner so I can't post those as of yet (not really much to see at this point anyway). We told my family when they were down when Mack was just 2 weeks old. Smiles and tears all around!

*Steve and I just celebrated our 5th anniversary August 17. We had a great weekend in Seattle. We got to enjoy a Mariners game, dinner on the waterfront, and a great hotel at the Seattle Center. We actually got to enjoy 2 Mariners games, although not intentionally. The first night there we made our way down to Safeco - not an easy task - and 2 hours later were walking to our seats only to find people sitting in them with tickets as well. As we discussed this with the ushers, we came to the realization that our tickets were for Saturday's game, not Friday's. Oops! So we stayed for the first few innings walking around and then decided we would go out to dinner as we didn't really want ballpark food 2 nights in a row. Needless to say we got a pretty good laugh and will remember our 5th anniversary for years to come!

Steve at SafeCo on the right night - we got there with plenty of time to spare!


SafeCo is such a beautiful stadium - especially at night.


The view while we were waiting in line


We had great seats along the first base line!


And for those of you who know him - this is Justin Hall "Yall"
We literally walked right past him at the Seattle Center and so got to spend some time with our long lost friend. (Hair is a little longer, but still the same spirit and soul)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

OH MY GOSH... check out that hair!
Great pictures of a memorable weekend! :)

Lindsay said...

... what is with the flying pigs? interesting to say the least - gotta love Seattle!

Shannon said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you and your very cute hubby!

So glad you started a blog!!

Ronda said...

Woo Hoo! Lindsay got you started! You need to remember to NOT compare yours to hers...a daily reminder to myself...I am not Lindsay and in no way can I write, articulate or take pictures like her. I have to be me. You need to be you! Blog on!!!