Baptism is such a special time in so many lives. I will never forget my own baptism - down at opal springs - my dad helping me to publicly demonstrate my dieing to sin and raising again in faith in Jesus and His resurrection. Commiting to a life that is different, a life striving for a closer relationship with our Savior, moving farther away from self and closer to all that God created me to be!
Our church, Antioch, has one baptism service a year. Because we don't have a building to call our own, our baptism is held at a park near the Deschutes River each year. We have amazingly talented people that make a video of the commitment each year. I thought I would share it with you all - there is just nothing like watching people commit to following Jesus publicly - and in our case - really publicly with any average Joe able to view the event as they walk on the walking path along the river. What a testimony they are giving without even knowing it!
So here it is - this years baptism video!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Baptism
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So powerful... brings tears to my eyes as I watch!!
Thanks for sharing Kirst - I needed this today!
Powerful, is right!! It is so beautiful to see their old lives being buried, in black and white, and to see their new lives rising up in COLOR! Awesome video!
PRECIOUS! Thanks so much for sharing.
Post a Comment