Friday, September 12, 2008

Our little swimmer.

I have always said my kids were going to love the water as much as I do. So, Ava and I went to the Madras Aquatic Center with Papa & Mor-mor yesterday to have some fun - and oh what fun it was! Our little 6 month old loved every minute of it. She didn't even seem to mind our dunking her - a little water swallowed, a few sputters and coughs, but no tears shed. I guess I should have said she loved every minute of it...until the goggle! Toward the end of the hour Papa found some goggles on the side of the pool and we decided we would let Ava try them out - I'm not sure she was really up for trying them out, she offered a slight protest, but once we got them on (not an easy task for a 6 month old) after a lot of laughter on our part, and quite a few pictures, she tolerated them rather well. I am sure we have a future swimmer on our hands! What do you think!?






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirsten,
I would say you have a future swimmer on your hands! She looks really really cute. I love all the pictures and she looks really cute even with the goggles on. Looks like a fun time had by all. Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

She is adorable even in goofy googles!
We were so glad you came to introduce Ava to our new Aquatic Center....... here's to many more times of fun in the water!

Anonymous said...

such a Pisces!

Lindsay said...

OH my goodness... that is the cutest little swimmer I've seen in weeks :)

Go Ava Go!!

Brooke said...

These pictures just make me laugh! She is so cute and the goggles...man, that belongs in a magazine! I am glad that you all had such a great day!

Anonymous said...

I need some glasses like those!!They probably wouldn't near as cute on me! You all look like you were having such fun in the water!!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Love the goggles! How adorable!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Oh My Godddd! Those may be the funniest and yet.. Hidiest looking goggles I've ever seen! No wonder the protest, but thank you for the laugh. Luckily Ava's cuteness can overshadow those pool glasses...stop the madness!
(Obie must be like... whew! glad that wasn't me!)