is what happens when you least expect it.
So, I know I said I was going to try to blog at least once a week, but life just happened.
About a week (or 2) after that declaration I became ill with a cold.
Once on the mend from that, I returned for a few nights of work.
Then came the vomit (at work...yuck!!), followed by fevers and diarrhea for both myself and Ava. (Steve "enjoyed" the vomit as well but recovered much more quickly than me)
Cannot say it was a very fun few weeks in the Chavez household.
Thanksgiving was not a day of feasting, but of resting and movie watching.
Ava spent a lot of time in our bed - her favorite movie watching spot!
I am very sad to say that Steve made a dinner for himself of eggs with veggies and toast. (sounds delicious doesn't it)
He was so very excited when my parents showed up Friday with leftovers (thank you so much dad and mom).We tried to remain thankful throughout the sickies, and found ways to give thanks each day...
Thankful for a washing machine with a sanitized cycle - cuddle time - disinfectants - movies - and...
At the top of that list - Ava is fully potty trained! I guess all it take is days on end of visits to the potty because "my tummy is ouchies mama". Would not say I would wish this method on anyone, but am thankful for the end result!
Looking forward to a healthy, happy Christmas season - celebrating the LIFE that gives us all life and love!
3 comments:
Love you Kirst - so much!! Thankful for the little things in life that make us thankful for much!!
Sometimes we need that reminder to thank God in EVERY situation ....... that is really the heart He wants from us!
Glad you're all on the "well" list ..... looking forward to a healthy time of celebrating this Christmas season!
(sweet picture of Ava watching her movies) :-)
Oh man...NO FUN! I am so sorry that this was all happening to your family! No good. But it sounds like you made the best of it. Adorable little family that you have! And YAHOO for AVA! I feel like Bay will be 10 before she is potty trained:) Haha. I am glad that you are all feeling better!!!! Hopefully Christmas will bring you all the JOY your heart can hold and none of the sickness!
Post a Comment